Imogene Nix answers Juliet’s Ten Awkward Author Questions
Posted by Juliet Madison
In this new segment, authors will be subjected to a list of awkward questions that may reveal more about themselves than they really wish to share, and they will receive a score on the ‘Braveometer’. If they choose to answer only five questions, they are a ‘Brave Author’, if they answer 6 to 9 questions they are a ‘Mega-Brave Author’, and if they answer all 10 questions they are an ‘Ultra-Brave Author’!
1. If only one of your books could have been / could be published, which one would you choose? (C’mon, I don’t want to hear ‘Oh, I love them all, there’s no way I could choose.’ Time to be ruthless, these are the Ten Awkward Questions after all!)
Well to be honest of all the ones I have written, I really have a thing for Starfire (Second in the Warriors of the Elector series.) It still needs editing, but I just love Jems character because, to be frank, she is a bitch at the beginning because it is the only way she knows how to cope.
2. Okay, now which one of your children/family members would you… nah, just kidding! Which of the following words most accurately describes your best personality trait (you must pick only one!): Punctual. Good listener. Neat. Graceful. Generous. Cheerful.
I think of them all I am a reasonably good listener. Neatness is NOT my best point, and I do get crabby and cranky, and punctuality went out the door years ago.
3. Which of the following words most accurately describes your worst most challenging personality trait (even if you’re perfect, you must pick one): Always late. Blabbermouth. Slob. Complete klutz. Scrooge. Grumpy pants.
Grumpy Pants (just ask my husband.)
4. Have you ever had a romantic crush on one of your characters? Who and why?
No. Mainly because I would rather spend my time with my husband (And no, not crawling :) )
Sometimes, it depends on the scenes. Some of the fight scenes I actually get my daughters to play the opposite.
6. Do you talk to yourself when writing or coming up with plot ideas?
Again, sometimes. But I have to be honest, there are some very blush-worthy scenes and I am so pleased no one is around sometimes.
7. Who would be ideal to play YOU in a movie of your life?
Me? I don’t know that anyone could….I would love to say Dame Judy Dench, but I would probably be kidding myself
8. If you could be any book character for one day, who would you be and why?
Eve Dallas. She is so seriously strong, but has funny takes on how the world works. I would love to see the world she lives in. Seedy, dirty and bloody, but interesting. Very Dichotomous.
9. You’re about to be left on a deserted island for a year, and while your basic food and water needs will be met, you can only bring one extra thing from the following. Which would you choose?
a) A pen and notepad that never runs out
b) An unlimited supply of books
c) An unlimited supply of chocolate, coffee, or alcohol (your choice)
d) A gorgeous man/woman depending on your preference
An unlimited supply of chocolate, coffee, or alcohol.
No brainer….especially if I couldn’t put on weight or have a hangover.
10. If you had the attention of the whole world for two minutes what would you say?
Romance is not bad. It helps to make you feel happy and give you hope. Keep reading those books!
Visit Imogene at her website, www.imogenenix.com
Congratulations Imogene, you scored Ultra-Brave Author on the Braveometer!